This module is provided to create and/or edit location data. Required fields are denoted by an asterisk (*). You can add and remove fields from displaying in the location editor using our Field Layouts module. The default location data fields are explained in detail below.
In addition to normal fields about the location address, there are helpful fields such as:
- Number – This Alpha-Numeric field may be used as a location identifier. It could be a Store Number, for example.
- Zip – Enter the postal code for the location. For US locations enter US 5-digit zip code or Zip+4
- Highlight – Use this field to enter a quick detail about the location. This field will be displayed on the first search results list in red text. An example for information to put in this field might be Storewide Sale.. All item 20% Off.
- Active – Checking this checkbox will set the Location to Active Status and make the Location available to the Xtreme Locator Search Process.
- Sponsor – If a location is a sponsor location, it will be assigned a priority position in the search results. Sponsor locations will appear at the top of the search results within the chosen radius of the search zip code or airport code.
- Additional Info – This field is used for additional information for the specific location. This are can be used to provide Store hours, information about special promotions, etc. It will display on the Location Detail Page that the user sees when he clicks on the location from the list of search results. HTML tags can be used in this field.
- Location Image – You may upload a logo image for each location. In order to include an image, click the Browse button which will open the Choose File box with a listing of files on your local computer, highlight the image file in this box and click open button to select the image. Clicking the Save button will upload the image. If you decide later that you do not want a location image, click the Remove button to delete the image.
- Location Audio – You may upload an audio file for each location. When a location has an audio file, a Hear About Us button is displayed on the Location Detail page. Audio files can be recorded using the recording feature available on most computers equipped with a microphone. Xtreme Locator supports the following audio file formats:
• *.wav, PCM_SIGNED, 8000.0 Hz, 16 bit, mono, little-endian, audio data
• *.aif, PCM_SIGNED, 8000.0 Hz, 16 bit, mono, big-endian, audio data
When creating audio files, be sure to select the the formats shown above when saving each audio file.
(Note: .aif format for Mac users will be kept as is and not converted, to play back from site admin page. The *.aif file will be converted at runtime.)
- Territory Radius – Numeric field to allows you to reduce the search radius for a specific location. This radius reduces the global Search Distance setting in the Setup Options module.
- Territory – You can assign sales territories to locations using FIPS Codes, Zip Codes, A Range of Zip Codes, State or Canadian Province Abbreviation and Country name. To enable territories, simply enter a FIPS Code, Zip Code, State/Province abbreviation or Country name in the territory box. Examples are provided below. See the Territory Handling article for details on assigning territories.
- Specialty – The specialties will appear in the location if you have set them up in the Specialty Manager. You can assign specialties for a location by clicking the checkbox for the specialty desired. If you use sales territories, you can assign sales territories by specialty in the manner noted in the Territory help.