The Settings section is where you hook the WordPress component to your Xtreme Locator account and configure the component to operate properly. The processes are explained below.
Account ID – Enter your Xtreme Locator Account ID to connect the component to your Xtreme Locator account. The Account ID is included in the welcome email that you receive when you signup for your Xtreme Locator account and can also be found at the top of the Xtreme Locator Administrative Control Panel main page.
Installation Domain – This is the url to the domain where your location data resides and should not be changed unless you have purchased the software and have it installed on your own server. For hosted accounts, this domain should be http://app.xtremelocator.com
CSS Path – Provided for information only.
Not found message – Enter a custom message to be displayed if no dealer is found within the search distance. click the Save button when finished.
After you have entered your information, click the Save button.
Available Fields – This is a listing of all standard Xtreme Locator data fields. By default, only normally used fields are enabled. You can enable or disable fields here as desired. Disabling fields here will prevent them from showing within the other setup forms and this function is provided only to make the other forms easier to work with when assigning fields to your display. Additionally, you can assign custom Display Names to the fields, for example, you might want to identify the “Name” field as “Company Name”.
To enable or disable fields that will display on your other setup forms:
- Click to Check or Uncheck the checkbox in the “Enabled” column adjacent to a field.
- Click the “Update Enabled” button.
Creating Custom Display Name
- Click on the field name
- Enter a custom name for the field
- Click the Save button
Enabling Custom Fields
If you have created custom fields in your Xtreme Locator account, you must manually create them here in order to be able to assign them to your WordPress forms. To add your custom fields:
- Click the “Add New Field” button.
- Enter a Field ID number (this should be a unique number. Default field numbers are 1-29 so, for example, pick 30.
- Enter the field name of your custom field in the Field name box. This should match the name of the custom field you setup in the Xtreme Locator Administrative Control Panel exactly (case sensitive).
- Click the “Save” button.
- Make sure the field is enabled.
You should now be able to go to the Field Control section of any of the Xtreme Locator setup forms and make the custom field visible in your results.
You can delete fields from your WordPress plugin if desired as follows:
- Click to Check or Uncheck the checkbox in the “Delete” column adjacent to a field.
- Click the “Delete Field” button.